Apply for Access to the US HealthWeather™ Public API
Kinsa is on a mission to stop the spread of infectious disease. To help identify potential hot spots for COVID-19, we've used our influenza-like illness signal and forecast to detect unusually high levels of illness across the United States, and visualized this data at HealthWeather.us. We did this in an effort to provide state governments and public health departments a tool for early detection, but we’ve since had a number of requests to share our data from other interested parties. We have opened our API to research and public health organizations. Access to the API will be provided on a case by case basis.
Who can get access.
Per our license agreement the following parties will be granted access to our public API:
- Public Health Entities
- Accredited Academic Institutions
- Federal and State Government Agencies
- Individual Researchers
Before agreeing, please read this in its entirety. It is only 6 short paragraphs.
Kinsa Inc. COVID-19 License
As Kinsa’s mission is to stop the spread of contagious illness through early detection and early response, in the interest of the public good during this current health emergency, Kinsa is providing this limited license to Kinsa’s data accessible via this API (“Data”).
THIS LICENSE EXPIRES ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2020. UPON EXPIRATION, KINSA WILL STOP PROVIDING ACCESS TO, AND PERMITTED USERS SHALL CEASE USE OF, THE DATA. THE OBLIGATIONS IN 2, 3 AND 4 BELOW SHALL SURVIVE EXPIRATION.
If you are not a Permitted User, or if you are Permitted User that wishes to exceed the scope of this license (including the 120 day limit), you must contact Kinsa to obtain written permission at email@example.com.
THIS LICENSE IS GRANTED SOLELY TO THE FOLLOWING APPROVED ENTITIES (EACH A “PERMITTED USER”):
- ACCREDITED ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS
- PUBLIC HEALTH ENTITIES
- FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- RESEARCHERS, WHICH ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH RESTRICTED INDIVIDUALS AND ENTITIES AS DESCRIBED IN THE NEXT PARAGRAPH
ALL OTHER INDIVIDUALS AND ENTITIES ARE EXPLICITLY RESTRICTED FROM ACCESSING THIS DATA UNDER THIS LICENSE. SUCH RESTRICTED ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- FOR-PROFIT ENTITIES
- HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS WITH ANNUAL RECEIVABLES ABOVE $100M
- ALL CONSULTANTS FOR, OR THIRD PARTY AGENTS OF, ANY PERMITTED USER
Kinsa hereby grants Permitted Users a limited, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to access, use, copy, distribute, and display the Data, or any part thereof, and make derivative works based on it, provided;
- any such use is for non-commercial purposes only,
- proper attribution is given to Kinsa in any public display of the Data in full or in part, and in any public use of any Data or materials derived from, or containing, the Data,
- you will share any insights gained from use of the Data with Kinsa via a written report, such report shall be provided to Kinsa prior to publication of the insights and, if possible, at least 3 days before making it available to the public (unless such publication is imperative to public health), and
- you must delete all Data and materials that contain, embed, or are otherwise derived from the Data within 120 days of accessing such Data.
Such attribution shall prominently display “POWERED BY KINSA INSIGHTS” in the form provided here. By accessing this API or copying any part of the Data, you accept the terms of this license. All Data is provided “AS-IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. You hereby agree to assume all liability for any claims that may arise from or relate in any way to your access to the API or your use of the Data and you hereby hold Kinsa Inc. harmless from any such claims.